Friday, April 13, 2007

So It Goes

Vonnegut has died. There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said better by others. I really liked this tribute video that someone put on YouTube. There's a lot about him on YouTube for those who are interested.

Some months back, I went to take my recycling up to the bins at the nearby public library. They had had a used book sale the previous few days, and the stuff that didn't sell was recycled. So there in the bin was a copy of my favorite book, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (along with several other items that didn't sell.) Well, I couldn't let that happen, so I rescued Rosewater. I already had a copy of my own, but I figured I would pass this one along to someone. My original plan was to give it to the cool guy at the cafe next door because I figured he would know someone good to pass it along to. But I kept not remembering to do that. I recently did give it to a friend of mine and told her to give it back to me if she didn't want it. We'll see if it comes back to me or if she takes it to heart.

No comments: